Migrating to our own bugzilla instance.

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Sep 18 14:52:46 UTC 2013

On 09/18/2013 04:20 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> On 09/17/2013 12:37 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>>> since my frustration level with RH bugzilla has grown to an all time high due to frequent collision with internal RH
>>> administrative policy's that nobody in the community knows exactly which are,
>>
>> Can you please elaborate which Red Hat policy collide with Fedora needs?
>
> Provide me that policy list and I will point them out.

:)
Red Hat have policies only for Red Hat products. Red Hat have no policy for Fedora.
So I'm really curious what happened to you (or somebody else) that you are saying you are frustrated. There must be some
story behind, right?

>>> frequent RH employement mistakes in bug
>>> handling between Fedora and RHEL
>>
>> That is because those people work on RHEL and Fedora. And they will continue on that even if you split BZ into two
>> instances. It will be still those same humans and they will be making same mistakes. I doubt that having two instances
>> will help here.
>
> Yes it will and RHEL != Fedora so stop acting like it does.

I did not said that they are equal! I said that a lot of Red Hat people spend a lot of their time working on Fedora.
And if developer maintain some package in some Red Hat product, in Fedora and in EPEL (which is part of Fedora) - I can
imagine that if you have same BZ opened to all three products and I you want to flip BZ to different state, developer
can make error and make it for different product (but same component) than you intended. This can happen. And having
this scenario on my mind I do not know how different instance of BZ would help this.
But maybe you have different scenario on your mind. So can you elaborate on "frequent RH employement mistakes in bug"
please?

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS
Red Hat, Software Engineer, #brno, #devexp, #fedora-buildsys