Migrating to our own bugzilla instance.

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Wed Sep 18 16:14:23 UTC 2013

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" (johannbg at gmail.com) said:
> On 09/18/2013 01:24 PM, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> >
> >I'm totally on board with moving away from Bugzilla if there are
> >serious issues with using it.  However, EPEL is a Fedora SIG, not
> >something run by RHEL. And I would totally expect it to be
> >supported by the Fedora Project.
>
> All the packages already exist and are available in Fedora

Not entirely, there are some packages that are only in EPEL. Aside from
that...

> Epel has nothing to do with Fedora absolutely nothing.

If I'm understanding you, you're claiming it *should* have nothing to do
with Fedora.  However, it clearly does currently - it was started as a
Fedora project in 2007.  It uses the Fedora infrastructure *intentionally*
as an easy way to share resources, share packaging information, share
accounts for packagers, share certain policies, etc.

Changing this state and severing the relationship would seem to imply 1)
telling the EPEL community they're no longer welcome 2) describing how they
could do something better by separating.  I've not seen a compelling
argument for #2 yet, nor a reason the currently relationship is holding back
progress in a way that would require the drastic measures of #1.

Bill