Migrating to our own bugzilla instance.

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Sep 18 17:37:41 UTC 2013

EPEL is a valid subproject/SIG of Fedora, and any changes we propose
need to take it into account, just like any other part of Fedora we are
currently supporting.

To get back to the actual subject of this thread, the current status of
running our own bugzilla is that we decided that we don't currently
have resources or desire to do so, and wanted to try and work with
existing bugzilla maintainers to try and address our concerns.

If there's things that change, we can change our plan.

So, constructive things to do moving forward:

* Clearly enumerate the issues with the current bugzilla and we can ask
  the bugzilla team to see if they can address them. If they do, then
  things will be better for us all. If they don't, we will know what
  items are causing problems and we need to specifically address in any
  solution we run ourselves. The wiki page is a good place to add/note
  those.

* Convince us that something has changed that would make running our
  own more attractive. For me at least, those would include: More
  people committed to helping, people with lots of bugzilla, perl or db
  knowledge committed to helping, some vastly better option than
  bugzilla appears, bugzilla itself becomes easier/better for our needs
  upstream, promise of more hardware to run our own on, serious
  issues unaddressed by current bugzilla admins, etc etc.

Just my 2 cents.