Migrating to our own bugzilla instance.

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Sep 18 21:18:24 UTC 2013

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 17:45:01 +0000
"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/18/2013 05:37 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > EPEL is a valid subproject/SIG of Fedora, and any changes we propose
> > need to take it into account, just like any other part of Fedora we
> > are currently supporting.
>
> Well can we then make them clean up their spec file changes and keep
> them in separated branch?

To what gain? This seems off topic to the question of bugzilla.

> So the freedom for us to administrate and hack on our own instance is
> not good enough and you play the resource card?

Everything in life is tradeoffs. The yummy to trouble ratio.

I do not currently find the advantage of being able to 'hacking on our
own instance' to outweigh the people and resource costs it would take
to do so. This might change though reasonable debate or changing
conditions.