Migrating to our own bugzilla instance.

Tristan Santore tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net
Mon Sep 23 22:19:59 UTC 2013

On 23/09/13 22:36, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 09/20/2013 07:19 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>> I really dont see any compelling reasons to move
>> off of Red Hats bugzilla today.
>
> After bit of discussion there is a compelling reason to move entirely
> away from Red Hat bugzilla as well as away from hosting our own and
> probably is the correct way forward for us.
>
> 1. Generic attitude of many maintainers is that either they go to the
> correct place ( upstream ) or they get their bugzilla ignored.
> 2. More often than not downstream maintainer as in packager does not
> know the code at all so filling the bug downstream makes no sense.
>
> JBG

Wrong! it pre-filters bug reports, to make sure there is all the valid
information, leaving code maintainers to get on with it!

And as to regarding point 1 you make, I have never heard so much rubbish
in my life. Every time I filed a bug report the package maintainers have
done their best. Sometimes I request or point out an issue and code
versions get bumped up by the package maintainer.

Maybe your experience varies, but mine is I just pointed out.

I am starting to wonder if you are on some kind of anti Red Hat hate
mission, as I have yet to see any full discussion about this issue.

No pros no cons.

This is not how one makes an argument!

Please also note, I do NOT work for Red Hat! Just in case you think I am
some kind of fan boy/employee.

Give some good points, maybe I will change my mind. For instance that
the bugzilla is a bit slow at times, which is a bit annoying. But that
is still not a reason to throw something that works, out of the window.

So, PLEASE! Where are the arguments for and against this proposal.

Regards,

Tristan

--

Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE
Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore at fedoraproject.org