Fedora Infrastructure Video Published

nitesh narayan lal niteshnarayanlalleo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 00:37:05 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 12:28:07 -0400
> "Chris Roberts" <Croberts at cintrixhosting.com> wrote:
>
> > Kevin,
> >
> > The ones Ralph made are in ogv format, I am not sure about the ones
> > on Youtube or Vimeo. It would be awesome if we could get a repo or
> > storage area setup in Fedora Infrastructure so we can have these
> > local to the Fedora project as well.
>
> Well, we could do two things here:
>
> 1. Just setup a 'group' space on fedorapeople.
> So, it would be under: http://fedorapeople.org/groups/
> There's no quota there, and anyone with fedorapeople or a video group
> access could arrange things. There's no backups of this space
> currently.
>
> 2. Setup some space on mirrors. This would need to be more restricted
> to just a small few people to upload to, it would be mirrored and
> backed up. It would be under our alt content:
> http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/
>
> Thoughts?
>
> > - Chris Roberts
>
> kevin

Hi Kevin,
All the videos on vimeo  Fedora channel are in .ogv format. On youtube we
have a mixture of formats, I already have the list of available videos its
just about separating them based on the format and categories.
I would agree that the content has to be reviewed before it becomes
publicly available as there could be several issues related to licensing
which could be missed out by anyone unknowingly.

Regards
Nitesh Narayan Lal