April status update for Fedora Infrastructure Apprentices

Achilleas Pipinellis axilleaspi at ymail.com
Wed Apr 2 12:29:09 UTC 2014

On 01/04/2014 08:19 μμ, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Greetings.

Hi there!

> 0. Whats your fedora account system login?

axilleas

> 1. Have you logged in and used your fi-apprentice membership to look at
> our machines/setup in the last month? Do you plan to?

Yeap, I did log in, though didn't really had much time this month.

> 2. Has it helped you decide any area you wish to focus on or contribute
> to more?

Not sure yet..

> 3. Have you looked at or been able to work on any of the fi-apprentice
> 'easyfix' tickets?
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/report/14

Not really, just a glimpse.

> 4. Do you still wish to be a member of the group? If not (for whatever
> reason) could you provide any hints to help others down the road?

Yeap!

> 5. Is there any help or communication or ideas you have that would help
> you do any of the above?

Some issues have their milestone set to obsolete versions of Fedora.
Some are set to `new` whereas there is at least one person working on
them. Doing a cleanup would be cool :)

Also what about issues regarding the fedora-infra repos @github? I guess
these are not included in trac, but some of the issues are marked as
easyfix. Shouldn't those two trackers "combined" somehow?

> 6. What do you find to be the hardest part of getting involved?
> Finding things to work on? Getting attention from others to help you?
> Finding tickets in your interest area?

First, lack of time then finding things to work on. Need to do more
search. I've been reading the txt docs but they are too many to get a
clear picture of how things are working out. Will get there :)

> 7. Have you been able to make any weekly irc meetings? Do you find them
> helpful or interesting?

Yes, I think 2-3 so far, some I missed because I forgot :p
Set in my calendar now.

> 8. Do you have any pets?

Around 6 cats, 3 of which are now pregnant... Talk about geometric
progression.

--
FAS : axilleas
GPG : 0xABF99BE5