April status update for Fedora Infrastructure Apprentices

Dan Mossor dan.mossor at outlook.com
Wed Apr 2 14:19:00 UTC 2014

On 04/01/2014 12:19 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> 0. Whats your fedora account system login?

danofsatx[-work -dt -lt -phone]

> 1. Have you logged in and used your fi-apprentice membership to look at
> our machines/setup in the last month? Do you plan to?

ummmm.....is "I don't recall" a valid answer?

> 2. Has it helped you decide any area you wish to focus on or contribute
> to more?

No, already slated for a function.

> 3. Have you looked at or been able to work on any of the fi-apprentice
> 'easyfix' tickets?
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/report/14

I have been able to look, but there have been no new ones since 14FEB.

> 4. Do you still wish to be a member of the group? If not (for whatever
> reason) could you provide any hints to help others down the road?

Yes.

> 5. Is there any help or communication or ideas you have that would help
> you do any of the above?

Some new 'easy-fix' tickets for sysad apprentices would be welcome.

> 6. What do you find to be the hardest part of getting involved?
> Finding things to work on? Getting attention from others to help you?
> Finding tickets in your interest area?

Finding things to work on and finding tickets. There is always someone
willing to help.

> 7. Have you been able to make any weekly irc meetings? Do you find them
> helpful or interesting?

Yes and Yes.

> 8. Do you have any pets?

A 15 year old indoor DSH torty, a 10 year old indoor DSH black cat (this
one is really my wife's - the cat hates everyone else), and a 6 year old
outdoor DSH white mouser with black ears and a stub of a black tail (it
got ripped off in a battle with a 'coon).

> Any other general feedback is also quite welcome, including
> improvements to this email, the wiki page, etc.

None at this time. I'll let you know when the mood strikes me.

> kevin

Dan

--
Dan Mossor