April status update for Fedora Infrastructure Apprentices

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 3 18:12:02 UTC 2014

On 04/01/14 12:19, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Greetings.

Kalemera.

> You are getting this email because you are in the 'fi-apprentice'
> group in the fedora account system (or are reading this on the
> infrastructure list).

it is nice to know why.

> Feel free to reply just directly to me, or cc the infrastructure
> list for everyone to see and comment on.

being that you did not send this to me individually, i will
reply to list.

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Apprentice

been there, done that.

> At the first of every month(or so), I am going to be sending out an
> email like this one. I would like feedback on how things are going
> for you.

you mean you are not going to do so just on this day?

> I'd like to ask for everyone to send me a quick reply with the
> following data or anything related you can think of that might help
> us make the apprentice program more useful.

to reply to such a list of data can not be quick.

> 0. Whats your fedora account system login?

i would rather not say. you might be who you say you are and
you are wanting to hack my account.

> 1. Have you logged in and used your fi-apprentice membership to look
> at our machines/setup in the last month? Do you plan to?

yes. again?

> 2. Has it helped you decide any area you wish to focus on or
> contribute to more?

actually, it made me realize that i have much to learn before i
even begin to consider contributing.

> 3. Have you looked at or been able to work on any of the
> fi-apprentice 'easyfix' tickets?
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/report/14

see reply above.

> 4. Do you still wish to be a member of the group? If not (for
> whatever reason) could you provide any hints to help others down the
> road?

yes. i wish to learn. can not help on second part,
as stated, i have a lot to learn.

> 5. Is there any help or communication or ideas you have that would
> help you do any of the above?

see answer to #2

> 6. What do you find to be the hardest part of getting involved?
> Finding things to work on? Getting attention from others to help
> you? Finding tickets in your interest area?

see reply above.

> 7. Have you been able to make any weekly irc meetings? Do you find
> them helpful or interesting?

no. i have yet to figure out how to irc. unable to answer do to
first part answer.

> 8. Do you have any pets?

now you are really getting personal.

> Any other general feedback is also quite welcome, including
> improvements to this email, the wiki page, etc.

you did pick a great day to post this questionnaire.

> Any folks I do not hear from in the next week will be removed from
> the group. (Note that it's easy to be readded when you have time or
> whatever and it's nothing at all personal, we just want to keep the
> group up to date with active folks).

please excuse my deal in replying. i was getting my truck back
to road worthiness so i can get back to camping and canoeing and
enjoying the great outdoors again.

does this meet requirements of being heard from?

> Thanks, and looking forward to your feedback!

welcome. looking ahead to your reply back.

.

--

peace out.

tc.hago.