mailman0{1,2} are not on the VPN

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Mon Aug 18 16:20:52 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 11:51 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Jul 2014 16:29:46 -0500
> Jeffrey Ollie <jeff at ocjtech.us> wrote:
>
> > This reminds me, it appears that my email address - either my
> > personal one ( jeff at ocjtech.us) or my fedora one
> > (jcollie at fedoraproject.org) - is embedded in mailman/postfix
> > somewhere ever since I first set up mailman for Fedora way back
> > when.  It's survived at least two rebuilds.  I wouldn't care except
> > for the oodles of backscatter that I get from bounce messages.  I've
> > tried manually unsubscribing from mailman-owner, etc. but that
> > doesn't seem to have done the trick.
>
> yeah, I noticed this when I was moving mailman around a few years ago.
>
> Do you want me to try and remove it now?
> Or just be sure not to carry it over to the mailman3 instance?

I was willing to wait for the next iteration of the mailing list server,
but it now looks like the volume of bounce messages may be pushing me past
GMail's rate limits[1].  If someone has some time, I'd appreciate it if
someone could look into this.

[1] https://support.google.com/a/answer/1366776?hl=en

--
Jeff Ollie