February status update for Fedora Infrastructure Apprentices

Graham Williamson graham at williamsonsinc.id.au
Tue Feb 4 08:44:33 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-02-03 at 11:01 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> 0. Whats your fedora account system login?
willo

> 1. Have you logged in and used your fi-apprentice membership to look at
> our machines/setup in the last month? Do you plan to?
Yes.  Yes, for some ansible migration and to further develop some
network architecture diagrams.

> 2. Has it helped you decide any area you wish to focus on or contribute
> to more?
Not quite yet.

> 3. Have you looked at or been able to work on any of the fi-apprentice
> 'easyfix' tickets?
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/report/14
Yes, and yes.

> 4. Do you still wish to be a member of the group? If not (for whatever
> reason) could you provide any hints to help others down the road?
Yes, definitely.

> 5. Is there any help or communication or ideas you have that would help
> you do any of the above?
Clarification on the workflow of trac tickets.  Should we be assigning
to ourselves when we want to take them. Are the older easy-fix with
milestones of F16 and F17 etc still valid?

> 6. What do you find to be the hardest part of getting involved?
> Finding things to work on? Getting attention from others to help you?
> Finding tickets in your interest area?
Yep, all of the above except getting attention.  The guys I've asked
questions of on irc were great.  Maybe tickets could get Keywords,
associated with the various FIGs.  I think this would help with finding
tickets associated in your area of interest.

> 7. Have you been able to make any weekly irc meetings? Do you find them
> helpful or interesting?
Yes, and yes.

> 8. What is your favorite soup? :)
Chicken and corn, get it every time, I order Chinese.