Mailing lists http and smtp

Aurélien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Wed Feb 5 08:49:52 UTC 2014

>> 1) Setup forwards on collab03 for any lists going to mm3 and setup
>>  httpd redirects for admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/*listname* and
>>  lists.fedoraproject.org/mailman/*listname*.
>
> This seems the most sane (and the most work) to me of the options. I
>  think that the goal should be to minimize user impact as much as is
>  humanly possible. The other two options just seem somewhat
> unappealing to me.

I agree with this. If we have to get a bit clever with redirects to
provide this continuity, well, so be it.
We (I) can even write a small basic WSGI script if things become too
unmaintainable with Apache redirects only.

Aurélien

http://aurelien.bompard.org    ~~~~~~    xmpp:aurelien at bompard.org
"The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology
look respectable." -- John Kenneth Galbraith, economist