Ansible and parallelism

Aurélien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Fri Feb 7 13:58:51 UTC 2014

Hi y'all!

Small ansible question: I have this ansible playbook which uploads and runs
a script to set some permissions in the database. This worked fine while
the playbook was only executed on a single server, but now that mailman01
and 02 are being setup for prod, the script is executed on both machines,
and tries to set the permissions in the same DB server at the same time,
which produces a psycopg2.InternalError (tuple concurrently updated).

Any idea how I can ask Ansible to not run this task in parallel on both
servers? Any other way around this?

Thanks,

Aurélien