Announcing summershum

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 12 11:44:12 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 09:46:27AM +0100, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> So Ralph and I wrote summershum, it's a simple database storing for each file in
> each package:
>  - the packages name
>  - the filename
>  - the sha1sum of the file
>  - the tarball name
>  - the md5sum of the tarball
>  - a creation date

Neat!

So, I have one small suggestion and one possibly-too ambitious one.

The small one is that it might be nice to include the output of `file` on
each file.

The large one is: while we're going through all of the files, could we index
them for full-text searching? Possibly using https://github.com/Debian/dcs,
or (in my dreams) something that returns the results broken down by current
repo and with options for a summary list by package and file (csv, say).