Sync github projects on fedorahosted

Maciej Lasyk maciek at lasyk.info
Thu Feb 20 15:35:43 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 08:19:22AM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 12:33:39 +0100
> Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > For about a year now we have a bunch of project on github. With it,
> > we benefit from its UI and easy access for new contributors.
> > But github is proprietary so not so in line with our spirit.
> > Although git is decentralized I think we should keep a clone of our
> > projects on fedorahosted, just for the shake of saying, our infra
> > does not depend on github and if github goes down tomorrow, one can
> > still access the sources.
> >
> > With that I mind, I created the ticket #4212 [1], the idea is to run
> > a cron job that would clone/pull all the projects under the
> > fedora-infra group of github.
>
> ...snip...
>
> > Do you have another idea/suggestion?
>
> I think doing this is a great idea. ;)
>
> What about using grokmirror?
>
> https://github.com/mricon/grokmirror
>
> (packaged as python-grokmirror)
>
> kevin

Hi guys,

I don't know our git infra yet (I'm still in apprentices) so it'll be a
blind shoot.

When it's about mirroring git(hub) repos than I think that it's good to
consider gitorious as the solution. It's FOSS and just do the job. Even
bi-directionally. I think that might be interesting for you guys :)

https://gitorious.org

And a working solution from Gluster guys:

http://www.gluster.org/2013/08/mirroring-into-gitorious/

--
pozdrawiam,
Maciej Lasyk