Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Achilleas Pipinellis

Achilleas Pipinellis axilleaspi at ymail.com
Thu Feb 27 12:32:41 UTC 2014

Hey guys,

I want to apply for the fi-apprentice group so here's a little introduction.

I started contributing to Fedora almost a year ago, mainly through the
GSoC program. I am now a packager (yay!) and still struggling to package
~80 rubygems for the GitLab project. Unfortunately, I don't have much
time now so it's an ongoing progress. Good thing is I found a pair
reviewer (thanks ktdreyer) that will speed things up :)

Now, apart from packaging I was always interested in sysadmin tasks
hence my application. From what I read in the wiki, I am interested
mainly in sysadmin-hosted and sysadmin-web groups, but that doesn't mean
that's final.

I also really want to know more about ansible/puppet and how things are
working internally. I can spare 3-4 hours a week mostly on weekends.

I have yet to see the list of easyfixes on trac and pick one to work on.
I have already dealt with an easyfix on fedmsg [0] but I don't count
that, as it was reallyeasyfix :p Just mentioning though.

On a side note, I'm studying to get the RHCE certificate sometime soon,
so I believe my involvement in infra team will be beneficial both ways :)

That's it, hope I will make it to today's irc meeting and get to know
better!

[0] https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/130

--
FAS : axilleas