Scheduling a sprint? github2fedmsg

Ralph Bean rbean at redhat.com
Fri Feb 28 17:07:00 UTC 2014

Pierre and I were talking in #fedora-apps, and a tool we've been
wanting to build is a service that republishes select github events on
our fedmsg bus.

It will be a webapp where you can login to and register your github
repos.  Behind the scenes it will tell github to notify it of events.

When github pings our app, it will then publish a fedmsg message
saying such and such event has occurred over at
github.com/fedora-infra/python-fedora, or whatever.

We can then use this to:

- sync fedorahosted git repos
- watch upstreams that opt-in for statistics
- award badges for upstream development.

Two questions:

- What do people think about this idea?
- If you're interested in hacking on it, do you have any preference
  for a sprint date?  We would do it virtually in #fedora-apps.  We
  were thinking of March 17th, 18th and 19th.
  https://apps.fedoraproject.org/calendar/infrastructure/2014/3/17/

-Ralph