Introduction

Ricky Elrod codeblock at elrod.me
Mon Jan 13 13:13:09 UTC 2014

On 01/13/2014 01:47 AM, Joerg Stephan wrote:
> Good morning to the list,

Hi there!

> My name is Jörg Stephan, i am an 34 years old system administrator from
> germany. I basically work on maintaining some hundreds of debian/ubuntu
> based servers and a handful of centos machines. I would like to
> participate/contribute to the infrastructure team. Besides my
> administrator work i am also responsible for IT security questions.
>
> I have some advanced knowledge in topics like basic administration
> (webservers, databases, fileserver, etc) monitoring with nagios and
> zabbix and configuration via puppet.

Please feel free to hang out in #fedora-admin and #fedora-noc on
Freenode. There's also #fedora-apps for app development efforts, if that
side of things interests you at all.

We have meetings in #fedora-meeting on Thursdays at 19:00 UTC. Feel
free to introduce yourself there and then we can get you added to the
fi-apprentice FAS group which lets you look around at various pieces
of the infrastructure and see how things work.

There's also https://fedoraproject.org/easyfix/ which lists some bugs
that might be good starting points for new contributors.

Ricky