state of the askbot

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 13 14:12:42 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 12:16:00PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> - I have no idea who all is still active in wanting to work on askbot.
>   We should figure that out. Perhaps we could cull the sysadmin-ask
>   group down to those people who are still around and are willing to
>   work on it?

I'm intersted in some capacity, but kind of depresssed about the state of
the software (which in turn is limiting the building of a community). When I
feeling sad.

I'm kind of wondering if maybe we should make a long-term goal of scrapping
it in favor of some Q&A-centered extensions to Hyperkitty. I had talked to
Aurelian about this briefly a few months ago and he seemed open to the idea.