state of the askbot

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 09:24:29 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-01-15 at 16:36 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Ok. I hacked more on this today and got a bit further.

I did some hacking myself :P

I managed to deploy 0.7.49 on openshift using Ralph's repo.  The
multilingual support seems to work without crashing:

Greek for example:
http://askbot-ankursinha.rhcloud.com/el/questions/

However, it depends on available translations, of course. For instance,
Punjabi still shows up in English.

http://askbot-ankursinha.rhcloud.com/en/questions/

To get it working, this is what I did:

ASKBOT_MULTILINGUAL = True
ASKBOT_TRANSLATE_URL = False

and you need to also tinker with the MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES:

'django.middleware.locale.LocaleMiddleware' needs to be added.

The settings.py has a commented
'askbot.middleware.locale.LocaleMiddleware' in it already, but when I
ran python manage.py migrate, the self test asked me to remove it.

I've asked a question in English and in Greek which you can see on the
above mentioned URLs.

I'm off to test the mass tag change commands which we desperately need
to remove all the useless #stuff.
http://askbot.org/doc/management-commands.html
--
Thanks,