state of the askbot

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Jan 20 16:18:30 UTC 2014

On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 10:56:38 +1100
Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2014-01-19 at 16:38 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > Not sure.
> >
> > Rahul and I talked on IRC a bit ago, and we thought it might be good
> > just start with english and spanish since we have people willing on
> > both of those, then we can add more over time as we get moderators.
>
> Aye. Makes sense. Is there anything else you need me to try out on and
> confirm on my openshift instance? I still have it up.

ok, many more mutllang issues. ;(

* If 'zh-tw': 'Traditional Chinese' is enabled it causes no questions
  to be submittable. ;(

* If I remove that the new question form comes back up and I can
  submit, but then they never show up correctly:

https://ask.stg.fedoraproject.org/en/question/194/testing-this-askbot-thing/

It just redirects to itself in a loop over and over. ;(

* When multilang is enabled and you ask a question, there's a "select
  language" thing at the bottom, and it has just single letters in it.

Can you confirm those on your openshift instance? Or is it something
with our local setup?

Given these, I might punt on enabling in production, unless we can
figure them out really really quickly. :)