Ask Fedora: Do we need to add a "solved" tag to answered questions to increase visibility in search engines

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 04:53:36 UTC 2014

Hi

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 10:17 PM, Ankur Sinha  wrote:

> - Add "Please do not add the [Solved] keyword to your question
> summaries. If you received an answer that solved the issue, please mark
> the answer as correct and reward the helper with karma." to the user
> guidelines.

I think this is the right approach

> Now, the addition of the term "solved" somewhere in the question does
> help in a way: it helps improve search results, say google/bing/whatever
> (This is based on my basic understanding of SEO etc, please correct me
> if I'm mistaken).

Not sure that is true.  If one searches within Ask Fedora, ideally the
search order should bring up questions with correct answer marked first,
followed by answers order by higher karma score.  That way good answers
come up first within Ask Fedora.  I don't think that changes how search
engines orders the results however

Rahul