Ask Fedora: Do we need to add a "solved" tag to answered questions to increase visibility in search engines

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 15:57:40 UTC 2014

Hi

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 10:36 AM, Matthew Miller  wrote:

> Agreed. My points are a) it needs a big investment and will likely continue
> to need it in order to keep up in usability and b) there is an opportunity
> cost in chosing to put effort in any one thing. I think having community QA
> is important, but in my personal judgment some of these other things are
> more pressing.

Perhaps.  I don't think Fedora has invested much in terms of growing the
user community.  Our investments have almost always been contributor
focused and as I have highlighted before, without a user community, it is
unlikely we will continue to grow as a project.   If someone wants to go
the StackExchange route,  it is feasible to do a cost evaluation of the
move vs implementing the features we need in Askbot.  We are not competing
with StackExchange overall and don't need all of what they provide to
satisfy our requirements and I think there are benefits to sticking with
Askbot in terms of I18N, customization etc.

Rahul