Ask Fedora: Do we need to add a "solved" tag to answered questions to increase visibility in search engines

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 27 21:23:56 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 04:12:10PM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
>   - Moderators have no way of seeing deleted comments.

And this is worse than it looks, because users with rep of 200 or above can
delete other people's comments, with no obvious history or way to undo it.
(I just did this by accident with a test account. Oops.)

Ironically, there is an edit link, but users are told that only moderators
can _edit_ other users' comments (seems fair). But why edit when you can
just delete?

This one is weird enough to me that I asked upstream at
http://askbot.org/en/question/12152/can-deleted-comments-be-recovered/