Transifex has become proprietary

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 3 14:30:14 UTC 2014

>> Should we consider alternatives?
>
> Why should we? A vast majority of us are happy GitHub / Facebook /
> Twitter / Google users and it's a happy marriage so far (at least for
> GitHub). We should clearly distinguish between a service / API and a
> data - an openness of a service is entirely different from an openness
> of a data or source code.

Simply because we are proud to build Fedora with Open Source Software.
It is not only needed to provide source doing FOSS, but also
considering using the tools you are fighting for.

It's a shame that TX moved to proprietary.

I consider joining back the fight.
Oh, it's probably not a fight, I like the TX team ;)
And… Ok, some people still prefer using GitHub because it's
convenient. But there are alternatives.

Speaking L10n, there is still the Zanata instance at Red Hat, were
some sources are available for Fedora teams (at least one doc).

I am not feeling the right to help decision, however I couldn't stay
on the shadow.

--
Kévin Raymond
(shaiton)