Transifex has become proprietary

Dimitris Glezos glezos at transifex.com
Thu Jul 3 22:09:17 UTC 2014

Oliver, Transifex is already offering a larger plan for Fedora for free for
a couple of years now, and we'll continue to do so. We're proud of our
origins and are respectful and thankful for all the support Transifex has
had from Fedora. I still remember when we were trying to decide on a name
for Transifex in #fedora-admin. =)

-d

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 7:42 AM, Oliver Falk <oliver at linux-kernel.at> wrote:

> Hi Dimitris!
>

> I’m a little bit disappointed about this step, especially, since I’m quite
> sure there would have been other solutions.
>

> I hope you mean it serious, that you want to support the (large) Fedora
> community with a bigger plan for free!
>

> Else… Well… You know how important it is for us Fedora (and Red Hat)
> fellows that we’re building (on) F/LOSS! It has been and will always be.
> Therefore I do completely understand that some people on this list cry out
> loud now and ask for alternatives (although none come to my mind
> immediately).
>

> All the best to you and your business,
>
> Oliver

Dimitris Glezos