Atomic status

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Sat Jul 19 12:00:56 UTC 2014

> One of the issue we will have is that Fedora infrastructure is used in
> production for Fedora, so i think we will not have as much agility if we
> start to target it right from the start.

Right.  But on the other hand if we do it, then it is actually
integrated in a way that's potentially usable by other downstreams.

I've certainly oscillated on this myself, sometimes not in a stable
fashion ;)  Your below plan is potentially quite useful though if we end
up doing anything more experimental in the future.  For example, one
thing I am thinking about in the background is having a Docker registry,
plus code to do automated rebuilds *from RPMs* (and potentially other
bits) in a reliable fashion.  There's also having experimental
builds/integration on the host side.

But it seems like now that there's progress, let's keep trying to move
in Fedora?