Followup on Atomic composes

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Thu Jul 24 02:50:38 UTC 2014

On 07/22/2014 10:07 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
> From:
> 15:36:25 <dgilmore> walters: i have it working for the TC/RC process. I
> need to change up a few things. not yet looked at doing it for
> rawhide/branched yet
>
> Are there any blockers to setting up the rawhide/branched parts?
> Anything I can help with?
> In particular, will these composes write trees to the mirrors?
>
> If we're only doing a tree compose for TC, things are highly likely not
> to work because it'll be the first time we've run it in prod.
>
> What I'm thinking about for a plan is: Dennis (and any help he needs)
> work on the mainline rel-eng thread for F21.
>
> In the meantime though, Atomic still needs a mechanism to *try* code
> that's in development.  So I may look at having the internal compose
> server be a "pull from COPR" type thing and thus be a remix (again), but
> improve on the current situation by mirroring to dl.fp.org or so.

Note that this is also why I'm keen to see a draft compose *somewhere*
that we can actually try importing into beaker.fedoraproject.org - so
long as it is at least somewhat close to the structure of a regular tree
(in terms of Beaker being able to find the kernel and initrd files and
be able to generate appropriate netboot files), we should be able to
make it available for installation.

Amit also came up with a custom kickstart to let us run the test harness
in a container rather than directly on the host, so even though the
default kickstarts won't cope with Atomic yet, we would be able to start
experimenting to see what works and what breaks.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan