New OpenStack instance

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Jul 24 11:32:55 UTC 2014

This is mostly for Kevin and Stephen.

Stephen provisioned fed-cloud09.cloud.fedoraproject.org to RHEL7.

I installed there new OpenStack instance using [1].
I make git-clone and files are in:
   /root/openstack-ansible-install
I modified var/* to match IP and generated new passwords.
It would be nice if somebody can put content of
   var/os.yml
in private.git, but I would rather not put it in
   {{ private }}/vars.yml
so we do not get collisions, and rather to put it in:
   {{ private }}/vars_os.yml
or similar.

Additionally I removed VG vg_guest and created VG 'cinder-volumes', because that is what packstack expect.
Is setup of fed-cloud09 already in some playbook? If yes, it need to be changed.

Dashboard is available at:
http://209.132.184.9/dashboard/

Right now it is just http, If we want https (would be nice) then I would need pem encode cert and key (without
passphrase). Modify
CONFIG_HORIZON_SSL=n
CONFIG_SSL_CERT=
CONFIG_SSL_KEY=
in
   /root/openstack-ansible-install/files/packstack-controller-answers.txt
and rerun playbook:
   ansible-playbook -i localhost, controller.yml

I will try to add to controller.yml other tasks to re-create flavours, common images (F20,19 etc..).
If you want to add there something, you are welcome. It is still git, so please commit before you finish.
At the end I want to copy resulting playbook to lockbox.

BTW: If you add some task (eg. those flavour etc.) I recommend to temporary comment out line:
   - command: packstack --answer-file=/root/packstack-controller-answers.txt
as this step take huge amount of time (up to 10-20 minutes).

[1] https://github.com/xsuchy/openstack-ansible-install/tree/packstack

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS