Ask Fedora being badgered by spam

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 11:05:05 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-05-31 at 15:26 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> >

> > > Do you know what the 'Enable content moderation' setting does?
> > >
> > > If this just moderates all new questions, perhaps we could do
> this?
> > > Then, their spam wouldn't ever get out of the moderation queue at
> > > all.
> > >

> > Yes, I have done this earlier today.
>
> Has it changed anything? Doesn't seem to have...

The askbot moderation UI is quite wonky. Sometimes it shows me things as
"none", so I really have no idea if they're spam or not:

http://askbot.org/en/question/12526/entries-in-moderation-queue-just-show-none/

Other times, there aren't any accept/reject buttons. Sometimes there are
a lot of posts that I think have already been approved. It's quite
difficult to keep this up IMO. Should we disable this? It might be
affecting the usability of the site. :/
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,