June status update for Fedora Infrastructure Apprentices

Achilleas Pipinellis axilleaspi at ymail.com
Sat Jun 7 06:42:19 UTC 2014

On 06/06/2014 10:23 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> You are getting this email because you are in the 'fi-apprentice'
> group in the fedora account system (or are reading this on the
> infrastructure list).
>
> Feel free to reply just directly to me, or cc the infrastructure
> list for everyone to see and comment on.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Apprentice
>
> At the first of every month(or so), I am going to be sending out
> an email like this one. I would like feedback on how things are
> going for you.
>
> I'd like to ask for everyone to send me a quick reply with the
> following data or anything related you can think of that might help
> us make the apprentice program more useful.
>
> 0. Whats your fedora account system login?

axilleas

> 1. Have you logged in and used your fi-apprentice membership to
> look at our machines/setup in the last month? Do you plan to?

Unfortunately, no... It's been a pretty busy month, hopefully I'll
have some more time the following ones.

> 2. Has it helped you decide any area you wish to focus on or
> contribute to more?
>
> 3. Have you looked at or been able to work on any of the
> fi-apprentice 'easyfix' tickets?
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/report/14

Yes, in particular #4290, #3792, #4212, #2931, #3617, but didn't find
the time yet to work on some. #4290 looks like the perfect candidate
to get someone started on working with ansible.

> 4. Do you still wish to be a member of the group? If not (for
> whatever reason) could you provide any hints to help others down
> the road?

Of course :)

> 5. Is there any help or communication or ideas you have that would
> help you do any of the above?
>
> 6. What do you find to be the hardest part of getting involved?
> Finding things to work on? Getting attention from others to help
> you? Finding tickets in your interest area?

Time...

> 7. Have you been able to make any weekly irc meetings? Do you find
> them helpful or interesting?

I have, but I've lost quite a few. Will get back on track on June 19
and afterwards since now I cannot make it the particular time the
meeting occurs. You may see me online as I use znc. Oh, and I always
read the logs :)

> 8. Whats your most used command in your bash history? (run: cut -d\
> -f 1 ~/.bash_history | sort | uniq -c | sort -rn | head -n 1 | sed
> 's/.*/    &/g' to see) (if using zsh: history 1| awk '{print $2}' |
> sort | uniq -c | sort -rn | head -n1 )

I use zsh and I had to remove the 1 after history ;) So, my top used
command is:

   1100 git

--
FAS : axilleas