June status update for Fedora Infrastructure Apprentices

Dan Římal dan at danrimal.net
Sun Jun 8 17:41:49 UTC 2014

Hello to all,

> 0. Whats your fedora account system login?
danrimal

> 1. Have you logged in and used your fi-apprentice membership to look at
> our machines/setup in the last month? Do you plan to?
Yes, i did.

> 2. Has it helped you decide any area you wish to focus on or contribute
> to more?
Yes, i am interested in ansible tool

> 3. Have you looked at or been able to work on any of the fi-apprentice
> 'easyfix' tickets?
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/report/14
Currently working on #4290. I tried to make pure ansible playbook, but
it was too ugly (a lot of shell bashism). Currently i am writing python
version of it. Python is pretty new for me (ansible too), so work is not
really fast, but i am happy to work on it.

> 4. Do you still wish to be a member of the group? If not (for whatever
> reason) could you provide any hints to help others down the road?
Absolutely yes.

> 5. Is there any help or communication or ideas you have that would help
> you do any of the above?
Currently not.

> 6. What do you find to be the hardest part of getting involved?
> Finding things to work on? Getting attention from others to help you?
> Finding tickets in your interest area?
Time

> 7. Have you been able to make any weekly irc meetings? Do you find them
> helpful or interesting?
I attended regular meeting twice and yes, it's interesting, but not
really helpful in my apprentice level.

> 8. Whats your most used command in your bash history?
> (run:
> cut -d\   -f 1 ~/.bash_history | sort | uniq -c | sort -rn | head -n 1 | sed 's/.*/    &/g'
> to see)
> (if using zsh:
> history 1| awk '{print $2}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -rn | head -n1
> )

796 ssh

Regards,

Dan Rimal