mirror rsync idea

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Wed Mar 12 17:12:26 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 10:07:21AM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Following up on myself after looking some more...
>
> we do our rsyncs to the master mirrors in a number of steps:
>
> rsync excluding the repodata and not deleting
> rsync again deleting after

Why are you doing it this way rather than just using --delay-updates
in a single sync?

--delete --delete-after --delay-updates --numeric-ids

> So, 12 batch files + 2 more when we have branched.
>
> That makes it more complex, but still might be a win?

I've played with batch mode before I think it is too complex and prone
to breakage.  What if a sync fails for one whole day?  I need to
manually intervene to do a regular sync?