bug in fedora badges?

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 11:25:04 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-03-15 at 16:15 +0530, Mohan Prakash wrote:
> I use my fedora fas login for fedora-badges.
> My irc-nickname is not the same as my fas name.
> When I attended an IRC meeting, Fedora-badges awarded two badges for a
> user with my IRC nickname which perhaps should be added to my account.
> I checked the fedora user accounts and there is no user with the name
> 'mpduty' which is my IRC nickname.
> Is this a bug?

Mohan,

Looks like a bug. Do you have two FAS accounts? I find both mpduty and
mohanprakash via zodbot:

> 22:20 <FranciscoD> fas mpduty
> 22:20 <zodbot> mohanprakash 'mohan prakash' <xxxx at gmail.com>
> 22:21 <FranciscoD> fasinfo mpduty
> 22:21 <zodbot> User: mpduty, Name: Mohan Prakash, email: xxxx at gmail.com, Creation: 2014-03-15, IRC Nick: , Timezone: UTC, Locale: en, GPG key ID: , Status:
>                inactive
> 22:21 <zodbot> Approved Groups: None
> 22:21 <FranciscoD> fasinfo mohanprakash
> 22:21 <zodbot> User: mohanprakash, Name: mohan prakash, email: xxxx at gmail.com, Creation: 2013-12-27, IRC Nick: mpduty, Timezone: Asia/Kolkata, Locale: en, GPG key
>                ID: , Status: active
> 22:21 <zodbot> Unapproved Groups: l10n-editor l10n-commits marketing
> 22:21 <zodbot> Approved Groups: cla_done cla_fpca

https://badges.fedoraproject.org/user/mpduty

https://badges.fedoraproject.org/user/mohanprakash

Tahrir should pick the IRC from the FAS correctly though, so it is kind
of a bug I'd think. The one account is also marked as inactive.

Might also be good to file a bug upstream:
https://github.com/fedora-infra/tahrir/issues
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,