Ask Fedora being badgered by spam

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Thu May 29 07:54:54 UTC 2014

Hi,

Of late, Ask Fedora is being badgered by spam. They seem to open
multiple accounts and post as many as 50 spam questions at a time. Is
there something we can do to tackle this? For the time being, we're
manually blocking the user and deleting each question one by one. It's a
lot of work and one needs to keep an eye out on the forum all the time.

I've asked upstream a question here:
http://askbot.org/en/question/12506/how-do-i-mass-delete-all-questions-from-a-user/

This is a work around to clean up the mess. Can we do something to avoid
it altogether?

I've asked upstream another question:
http://askbot.org/en/question/12507/alternatives-to-akismet/

--