[release] pkgdb2 1.20.1

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Fri Nov 7 18:18:57 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 05, 2014 at 02:15:21PM +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just pushed to staging the version 1.20.1 of pkgdb2, here is the changelog:
>
> * Sun Oct 05 2014 Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr> - 1.20.1-1
> - Update to 1.20.1
> - Better email handler for the logs
> - Re-write update_package_info cron script using yum's metadata instead of
>   pkgwat

I just pushed to prod (after testing it in stg) a patched version of this
release.
Basically, while doing the mass-orphan of FAS user iarnell I encountered a bug
that was making pkgdb orphan packages in branch even if they were branches the
user was not the POC of.

The bug has been fixed in:
https://github.com/fedora-infra/pkgdb2/pull/109
and:
https://github.com/fedora-infra/pkgdb2/commit/5c517d75061508be7645335005acf84a582a49c5

So I just backported these changes in a patch:
https://github.com/fedora-infra/pkgdb2/blob/master/utility/0001-Fix-the-api-to-orphan-package-of-a-specified-user.patch
And rebuilt the rpm with it.

This way, using the pkgdb-cli in git, we can safely do mass-orphan again :)

Thanks,
Pierre