Ask Fedora and SPAM again

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 16:07:17 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-11-08 at 17:09 +0200, NikTh wrote:
> I have that strong feeling that if we remove Facebook and Yahoo from
> login/sign-up options, the things will be much better.
>
> Can we do that, even as a test/trial and see how it goes?

How exactly would you test this? You don't know when the spammer is
going to post. If you're advising that we just switch them off and wait
for a month, I'm not sure if it's a very good idea - I'd expect quite a
few users using these authentication methods. The issue is that we
haven't info on our userbase - who is using what, how many are using
what. If we can narrow down the methods that the spammer is using, we
can work on something to limit them.
--
Thanks,
Regards,