Ask Fedora and SPAM again

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 18:22:30 UTC 2014

Hi Kevin,

On Sun, 2014-11-09 at 10:48 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Note that askbot is orphaned/retired in f21 and rawhide.
>
> The el6 branch is the one we are using.
>
> So, thats the one that needs to build/work. I tried building it as a
> simple version bump right when the new version came out but there were
> patches that needed to be rebased.

Aye. This srpm builds perfectly in an EL6 mockroot - I already redid the
patches etc. I just uploaded the built rpms too.

https://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/askbot/askbot-0.7.50-1.el6.noarch.rpm
https://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/askbot/askbot-0.7.50-1.el6.src.rpm

> I'd love for us to get a epel7 version working, but I fear we are out
> of luck for now there because it doesn't support the new Django
> there.

Yeah. I've been meaning to speak to upstream about the django version -
will try doing it soon.
--
Thanks,
Regards,