Fixing livecd ISO labels (bz 1145264)

Brian C. Lane bcl at redhat.com
Tue Nov 18 16:46:54 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 07:47:19AM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> [...]
> > ccing bcl who originally moved the bug to koji. I'm all for long
> > term fixup but I'd also really like to see some solution before F21
> > GA. Ideas anyone?
>
> Unless there is another easy change that can be made (suggestions,
> Dennis?), I think we should Do Whatever Works in the short-term fix,
> and then file a ticket for long-term fix, including reverting the
> short-term one if necessary. I appreciate that this adds yet more cruft
> to an already messy system, but in the absence of alternatives....

This kind of information doesn't belong in livecd-creator. You can pass
it a volume id. Koji knows (or should know) what it is building, it
should construct the correct name and pass it. The default in
livecd-creator is just a default and is used to match up the isolinux
config with the image for booting, which is working just fine.

Also, can we stop with the quick fixes? They live forever, so let's do
this the right way.