Fixing livecd ISO labels (bz 1145264)

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Nov 18 23:37:51 UTC 2014

On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 12:52:16 -0500
Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 08:46:54AM -0800, Brian C. Lane wrote:
> > This kind of information doesn't belong in livecd-creator. You can
> > pass it a volume id. Koji knows (or should know) what it is
> > building, it should construct the correct name and pass it. The
> > default in livecd-creator is just a default and is used to match up
> > the isolinux config with the image for booting, which is working
> > just fine.
> >
> > Also, can we stop with the quick fixes? They live forever, so let's
> > do this the right way.
>
> Agree in general, but a) sometimes, that's where we are, and b) as I
> understand it, the F22 plan is to use imagefactory and/or
> livemedia-creator rather than livecd creator, so it really is
> short-lived.

well, it has to live for f21 respins basically until f21 goes eol. ;(

From my update to the bug just now:

"So we discussed this today in IRC.

All the choices are pretty bad, but the koji patch for now is the least
bad. ;(

It does mean we will have to carry that patch forward until f21 is
eol... since we may have to do respins. ;(

Dennis is going to make a patched koji package and put in for a infra
freeze break to apply it to builders."