Freeze Break Request: Update elections to 2.4.1

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Mon Nov 24 14:45:58 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-11-24 at 09:33 -0500, Ralph Bean wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 09:40:55AM +0100, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The election for the new Fedora Council ends tomorrow (November 25th) at
> > 23:59:59.
> >
> > There are a couple of bug fixes and features that would be interesting to get
> > out before the next election (for examples fixes in the UI to specify 23:59 as
> > the end-time or the integration with dogpile to cache the data retrieved from
> > FAS).
> > Therefore, I would like to update elections in prod to 2.4.1 on Wednesday
> > November 26th. This would also allow the election wrangler to make use of the
> > text-results feature to send the announcement of the results.
> >
> > The new version has been running in stg for few days, without problems. There is
> > no database changes involved and we still have the 2.3 RPM in our repo if
> > needed.
> >
> > Thoughts? +1? -1? +0?
>
> Don't forget - if you add that memcached layer you'll need to set the
> ttpd_can_network_memcache selinux boolean.  This caught us by surprise
> in a pkgdb2 upgrade last week:
>
> https://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/cgit/ansible.git/commit/?id=64be6801f69746db4cb2fb106d5499d206820529

I already copied this commit into the election role to be sure to not
forget it:
https://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/cgit/ansible.git/commit/roles/elections/tasks/main.yml?id=060929272a1bb87b6a38e31831d8a89645549868

Thanks ! :)

> With that though, +1 to upgrading after the election is over.  Please
> make sure to notify the election coordinator(s) that it's going to
> happen.

Good point, I'll make sure to ping jreznik before I start the upgrade.

Pierre