people ssh Banner

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Oct 2 22:19:15 UTC 2014

SJS> In this case that would be close to a hundred thousand accounts
SJS> linked to /bin/noshellforyou for the 3200 that are cla+1.

Just stating a solution.  It would actually work, after all.  Whether
it's worth the annoyance and any potential security exposure, I don't
know.  But if you want to display something to CLA+0 people but not
CLA+1 people then, well, I believe that is the only way to do it.

SJS> In the past that was a great way to DOS a machine..

Maybe back in 1994 or something.  I really doubt this is a consideration
these days.

 - J<