FAS3/MM2 FAD

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 19:20:06 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 09, 2014 at 09:39:50AM +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 07, 2014 at 11:37:44AM +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> > TODO:
> > * Confirm location and dates with Matt
> > * Confirm location and dates with Toshio
> >   -> I will email them
>
> Matt confirmed that he is planning on attending and will make his own travel
> arrangements.
>
> Toshio isn't sure yet, should get back to me on this on Friday.
>

> If neither Toshio nor Xavier can make it, should we make the FAD a little
> shorter and focused on MirrorManager2 only?

This is a possibility.  It might also be possible to have a "Plan B"
application if the right people are present.  Preferably this would be
something on the Fedora.next critical path, so we get maximum value
from the FAD event.

I wanted to raise two additional issues:

(1) A budget is needed for this event very soon if the event will
happen December 4-9.  It's less than two months away, and flight costs
are likely to rise imminently.  The attendance roster and costs need
to be finalized so the budget can be established and approved.

(2) I'm not sure this timeframe will work well for Fedora release
engineering.  There is a release scheduled for December 2, and whether
there's any further slip in the F21 release schedule, travel around
this event would raise unnecessary challenges with the release.  How
vital is a rel-eng representative for MirrorManager hacking?