rhel6 -> rhel7 migrations status

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Oct 10 17:51:29 UTC 2014

I took a look at what rhel6 instances we have left and wrote up a
little status report:

easy:·

These just need a sysadmin-main person to do them. I might try and do
them before freeze, but if someone else wants to, great:

smtp-mm* (one done in prod, just do other 2)
unbound-tummy01 (others already done in prod, 1 left)

not too hard:·

These are the ones where we need a playbook written or where they are
already in ansible, but we need to reinstall them with 7 and make sure
all the needed packages for that application are available there.

fas* (needs playbook)
ns* (needs playbook)
secondary01 (needs playbook)
virthosts (some need outage)
sign-vaults (needs being careful)
backup03 (needs outage and being careful)
blockerbugs* (needs playbook)
(all these are in ansible, just need reinstall for rhel7)
(all these have multiple instances, so no outage hopefully)
badges-web*
download-rdu*
elections*
fedocal*
github2fedmsg*
notifs-web*
nuancier*
packages*
pkgdb*
summershum*
tagger*
value*·

hard:·

These are ones we need outages for or more thought, or work on
packages. I don't think we will be doing any of these until after f21
is out, but over the holidays might be a nice time to do some of them
when things are quiet.

pkgs01 (done in stg, needs testing and outage)
proxies (needs thought about how to setup)
db* (playbooks done, needs outages)
hosted* (needs thinking)
koji* (needs replacement for heartbeat)
kojipkgs* (needs outage)
paste* (needs new paste version in epel7 with unbundling)
ask* (need to try and get askbot working in epel7)
people03 (outage, lots of data to move)
torrent02 (needs whatever torrent software we can stand in epel7)
wiki (waiting on next LTR mediawiki)

impossible:·

These are ones where it's not really possible to move the current thing
to 7, and we are waiting for the next major version.

bodhi* (bodhi1)
collab* (mailman2)
hosted-lists* (mailman2)
mirrorlists (mirrormanager)