Copr to use primary Fedora download location

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Fri Oct 17 08:16:14 UTC 2014

Hi,
right now Copr is using stock mock, with its default configuration.
Which means that Copr builders are downloading packages from Fedora mirrors.
I find this sub-optimal, because:
  * sometimes is mirror little bit off-sync and occasionally this result in failed builds.
  * while mirrors are generally good thing, primary Fedora servers are AFAIK just few racks away from Copr. In term of
measurable data it is 100 ms of ping vs. 4 ms of ping.

Therefore I plan to replace:
   metalink=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-$releasever&arch=$basearch
in mock config with:
   baseurl=http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/

and similary for epel, rawhide and F21.
But before I proceed, would like to ask if this is ok? Or should I rather not use dl.f.o for some reason?

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS