bastion.fedoraproject.org sshd key changed ?

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Sat Oct 25 09:51:03 UTC 2014

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 09:23:00AM +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> I need to access a host in PHX2, so using bastion.fedoraproject.org as
> a jump host.
> It seems that the fingerprint for  host key changed to
> 70:12:01:af:cc:8d:5b:65:a5:cb:79:1b:6e:03:65:b0.
>
> Can someone confirm that and also, is that possible to get
> notification about those kind of changes ? (or maybe that's a failover
> host, but I'm not aware of that)
>
> Feel free to point me to a more relevant list than infrastructure, it
> that was not the correct one to use.

  It was announced here:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/infrastructure/2014-October/014954.html

#v+
While I could copy the ssh host keys from the old instances, I am not
going to do that in this case. The host keys on those machines have
been copied forward through a number of re-installs and I think it's
time to have newly generated ones.
#v-

--
Tomasz Torcz                                                       72->|   80->|
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl                                          72->|   80->|