Ask Fedora and SPAM again

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Oct 31 14:33:17 UTC 2014

On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:13:24 +0000
Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Seems our beloved spammer is back. We've had mods keeping an eye out
> and deleting posts, but of course, it isn't a proper solution.
>
> Q. I remember enabling stopforumspam - does it work?

I don't think we ever figured out if it did or not. ;)

Orig it was installed, but we saw that it was not able to handle the
proxied connections (since all of them come from the same proxy ip's
instead of the spammers ip). So, I think we had a patch in there to
read the headers.

But then I am not sure if it was working or not... we should test it
out in staging if possible.