Potential freeze-break for pkgdb2

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Fri Apr 3 12:10:07 UTC 2015

Good morning everyone!

I have a pull-request pending on pkgdb2 [1] for which I am wondering if it is
worth a freeze-break.

The change:
When someone in the packager or fedorabugs group change their email in FAS there
must be a bugzilla account with that email, otherwise ACLs cannot be synced
between FAS/pkgdb and bugzilla.
When a mis-match happens, Kevin and I are getting emailed (1/10 minutes) and we
recently changed the script so that it emails (1/h) the user as well. The
problem is that while the header are set to put Kevin and I in cc to these
emails, we are not in the list of address to send the email to (so to the user
it appears we are cc'ed while in fact we did not receive the email).

This pull-request fixes this situation.

The reason I am wondering about the freeze break is that, the code basically
works and in the last weeks we have had twice the situation where the user had a
mismatch and (maybe thank to the email we sent) they fixed it themselves.

So on the pros side for the freeze-break:
- it fixes a bug
- it is the only change since the last pkgdb2 release, so I can just cut a new
  release and to deploy it (no hotfix needed)
- it is a simple change

On the cons side:
- it works as is
- we had the situation on March 30th and March 31th but these were the first
  time since March 23rd and before this March 10th (ie: it does not occur so
  often)
- More email for Kevin and I :-p

What do people think? Worth a freeze break? (If so could I have +1 as well?)

Thanks,
Pierre

[1] https://github.com/fedora-infra/pkgdb2/pull/175