April status update for Fedora Infrastructure Apprentices

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Wed Apr 8 18:09:46 UTC 2015

On 04/06/2015 02:32 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> 0. Whats your fedora account system login?

mizdebsk

> 1. Have you logged in and used your fi-apprentice membership to look at
> our machines/setup in the last month? Do you plan to?

Yes, I have and I do plan to.

> 2. Has it helped you decide any area you wish to focus on or contribute
> to more?

No, I already knew the area.

> 3. Have you looked at or been able to work on any of the fi-apprentice
> 'easyfix' tickets?
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/report/14

I checked them out, but there were none I would be able work on.

> 4. Do you still wish to be a member of the group? If not (for whatever
> reason) could you provide any hints to help others down the road?

Yes, I do.

> 5. Is there any help or communication or ideas you have that would help
> you do any of the above?

No, I can't think of any.

> 6. What do you find to be the hardest part of getting involved?
> Finding things to work on? Getting attention from others to help you?
> Finding tickets in your interest area?

There is no easy way to develop and test needed changes. Servers are not
easy to replicate locally and there is no way to have write access to
Fedora-hosted servers, even stagging or development.

> 7. Have you been able to make any weekly irc meetings? Do you find them
> helpful or interesting?

Yes, they are both helpful and interesting.

> 8. Have you logged into our Gobby instance and read/seen/added to our
> meeting agenda? https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Gobby

Yes I have.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski