Fedora Cloud questions and proposal

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Apr 13 07:56:26 UTC 2015

On 04/10/2015 06:04 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> I think it might be a good idea to have some swift space setup, but I
> am not sure what use cases we fully have for it, so I would say it
> should be somewhat small. 100GB or something?
> This would also be backed by the equalogics? Or would it be
> distributed on the nodes?

Swift have built-in split/replica mechanism. So I think that with this size, I can steal some space from vg_server of nodes.

> Are there specific cases where live migrations would help us out a lot?

I do not know. Cold migration last several minutes. I agree that we can afford it. We are not bank or stock operator
where every outage cost pile of money.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA